We are recruiting for elementary level homeroom teacher positions in several international schools starting August, 2019. Applicants must have an education-related degree or teaching license/certification, or at least in the process of getting those qualifications. Schools are located at different campuses in Shanghai, Suzhou (Jiangsu), Wuxi (Jiangsu), and Xiamen(Fujian).
The role of a homeroom teacher is well defined in this multi-language setting using various curriculum depends on the actual school (i.e. the British curriculum, or IB PYP curriculum, or the US Common Core) as its leading standard in the Reading/Language Arts area. Most classrooms have a co-teaching model where one Western teacher and one Chinese teacher who are both of equal status.
- At least a B.A. or B.S. in teaching or a valid professional teaching license/certification (or at least already in a program working towards those credentials)
- At least 2 years of education related experience (elementary level preferred)
- Native English speaker or holds a passport from native-English speaking countries
Compensation and Benefits:
- Basic Salary starting at 20,000-30,000+ RMB per month depending upon experience and education
- Housing stipend 6,000 to 9,000RMB per month
- Flight reimbursement up to 12,000RMB (not taxed with roundtrip ticket receipts)
- Medical insurance
- Legal work visa & Foreign Expert Card
- Holidays and summer breaks
- Free lunch provided on campus
- Paid sick leaves